I thought I would just comment on what seems to be some increasing interest in the Mortgage Broking arena at the moment – certainly in my arena anyway.
It’s refreshing to see so many First Home Buyers coming back to the market, plus it’s also very reassuring to see new and existing property investors looking at their options while prices are lower.
From where I’m sitting, there is a broad mix of finance activity lately, whether it’s just
1. Existing borrowers looking for a cheaper, more suitable loan/lender
2. It could be renters looking to enter or re-enter the property market
3. First Home Buyers as I mentioned earlier
4. Investors looking to get in while prices are ‘low’ (buy at the bottom of a property cycle and sell near the top?)
5. Debt consolidations
6. Renovations of existing homes
7. Divorces/separations (each moving onwards to their own properties)
With Home Loan Interest Rates as low as I can remember and property prices as ‘reasonable’ as they’ll probably ever be in the near future, the opportunities are certainly there for borrowers or potential borrowers to get themselves sorted for the possible path ahead.
If nothing else, it’s worth catching up for a conversation or two, to at least review your current financial situation so you can make an informed decision moving forwards.
This is just my opinion of course, but most people leave it too late, whether buying late in a property cycle or copying their friends activity which can quite often be too little too late.
In the end it’s you and your situation that matters, not what anyone else is doing, but an Annual Review of your financial situation certainly wouldn’t hurt. There is no obligation or cost when dealing with me but it could certainly be worthwhile.
Just my opinion, of course.